⇐ Exclusive Mix by Kelly Dean: Solid Sound ⇐ ⇒ Flying Lotus  
Автор Сообщение

Сообщение ⇐ Exclusive Mix by Kelly Dean: Solid Sound ⇐ ⇒ Flying Lotus
Back once again with a feature on one of the UK’s hottest new artists – Randomer. I first met Rohan earlier
this year whilst regularly seeing his face on the road and at clubs across England, since then he has gone from strength to strength hitting up bigger clubs and traveling further afield to spread his unique sound. With no genre limitations, he rides the lines with finesse and ease. Here is a little insight into the man behind the music..

Если интересно можете почитать не большое интервью с очень перспективным молодым технарём Randomer ...

Whats up Rohan, this is the first time we have featured you on Media Contender so tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m a 23 year old londoner making bass driven electronic music. I started writing music when I first picked up a guitar aged 12 and got into writing electronic stuff later on. Got properly serious about it all when I was at university.. that’s about it really, my first release was 2 years ago and I’m making music at various tempos, mostly 170 & 140.

So over 10 years of music so far, quite a while! Many people will have started to hear about your music in the last 12 months though thanks to releases on Hospital and Medschool. How did that connection come about?

I had given up on making ‘drum’n'bass’ or music at 170bpm 2.5 years ago really. I was really uninspired by what was happening at the time so I started writing at 140 and then had my first two releases at 140. My sound developed quite a bit from this and as a joke I just wrote this thing at 170 called Sacrifice, a proper tribal thing. I then sent it to a few people on aim “just incase” and Chris BMT got back to me saying he really liked it. After that Tony (London Elektricity) got in contact and said he liked what I was doing so I started making more stuff at 170 again, I bashed out a good few tunes and then Tony decided to sign one I did with REDS called ‘Autonomy’ for the Medschool new blood EP. Since then I have been writing music at both tempos and getting the encouragement from hospital early on really helped.

It seems like no matter what tempo you work in you have developed a unique sound of your own which is quite different to a lot of the other stuff out there right now in both 170 and 140. What would you say are your main influences for this?

I don’t specifically TRY to do things different.. I do try not to sound the same though, if that makes sense. I’m just really open minded about music – I take what I like from a genre of music and make it my own, part of what has helped me do this is writing music in so many different styles when I was younger.

I agree you must be one of the most open minded producers out there as well. Lots of people will hate on a genre or rule things out but there isn’t often a week that goes by where I don’t bump into you at something like a Nosaj Thing show, Drum & Bass or a Dubstep night. It’s now that so many genres are crossing and electronic music is sort of hitting a new level – how do you think the perception of electronic music has changed?

It’s a massive part of popular culture now, it’s more of a cultural thing I think as back in the 60s 70s even the 90s there was this idea of subcultures the punks, the hippies, the ravers, metallers, goths, new romantics…etc. But in the new century, with the internet, mass media, globalization etc, people are more inclined to pick & mix.

Now in this post we are featuring a mix you did for Fat Mag. Tell us a little bit about what people can expect to hear in a typical Randomer set, what your preferred DJ platform is and why?

In a typical Randomer set you are likely to hear a really broad range of artists and tempos but they are tied together with sonic similarities. You could find a tribal house thing at 128 that has the same vibe as something at 170 or even a Timbaland beat at 100! I use ableton live for DJing which allows me to switch up tempo easier. To name a few names at the moment I’m really feeling Lil Silva, Untold, Dan Harbarnam, Joe, Pangaea and also like to bring a few classics out. You can’t play a 100% fresh mix to an audience in my opinion, they need some really familiar things for their ears to catch on to, I also use ableton to mashup a few well-known acapellas over my sets, which helps this.

Randomer – November 2009 Mix Tracklist

Click to Download “Randomer – November Mix”

Zombie Disco Squad – The Dance
Joe – Claptrap
Untold – Just For You (Roska Remix)
Randomer & Jonny5 – Too Many Times
Martyn – Mega Drive Generation
Untold – I Can’t Stop This Feeling (Pangaea Remix)
Untold – Palamino
Drop The Lime – Set Me Free (Lil Silva Remix)
Lil Silva – Different
Randomer – Bleep Loop
NB Funky – Frequency
Randomer – Scapegoat
Toasty – Full Clip
Randomer – Soft Focus
Instra:mental – No Future
Randomer – Junk
Danny Breaks – Outro
Randomer – Easter Island
Enei – Z-Grab
Randomer – Down in the Woods
Randomer – Down to the Club
>>Randomer – Synth Geek
Randomer – Trogs
Randomer – Synth Geek
Dan Harbarnam – Zoom Back Camera
Danny Breaks – The Big Bossa
Commix, Nutone & Logistics – Soundbyte
Randomer – Puzzled
>>Hunchbak – Peace Wip
Randomer & REDS – Modem Jazz
Hunchbak – Peace Wip
Decimal – Circle Of Nine
Sabre – God Fearing
Randomer – Appetite
>>Martsman – Halow
Randomer – Rough Sex

21 дек 2009, 13:18
Профиль ICQ

Перейти:  

На сайте использованы материалы, принадлежащие Blizzard Entertainment. Копирование материалов возможно только c разрешения портала. В противном случае это будет называться уже другим словом.
Рейтинг@Mail.ru